hydrology

Karen Frederickson karen at rsgisc.crrel.usace.army.mil
Thu Jan 19 11:12:54 EST 1995

>I'm just starting a Phd-Thesis, the aim is to develop
>hydrologic models in GRASS, specially runoff models.
>So, i'd like to know what kind of models
>ave been implemented on GRASS.
>Thank you very much.
>                clothilde
>--
>********** *   Clothide BON      Phone : (33) 56 84 62 43 Fax  (33) 56 84 69 38
>UNIVERSITE *                     Email : bon at muse.cribx1.u-bordeaux.fr
>BORDEAUX I *
>********** *   Centre de Ressources Informatiques de Bordeaux I
>               351, cours de la Liberation - 33400 TALENCE - FRANCE

"r.water.fea" is a finite element analysis program for hydrologic
simulations, developed
by Dr. Baxter Vieux and Nalneesh Gaur at the University of  Oklahoma.  You
may extract
the code and readme files  (r.water.tar.Z and r.water.README) from the moon
anonymous
ftp site (129.229.20.254).  Associated reference: Vieux, B.E., Bralts,
V.F., Segerlin, L.J.,
Wallace, R.B. Wallace, (1990), "Finite Element Watershed Modeling:
One-Dimensional
Elements", J. of Water Resources Planning and Management, Vol. 116, No. 6,
p. 803-819.

A finite difference hydrologic analysis program ("r.flow" ??) is being
developed by
Dr. Bahram Saghafian at USACERL, Champaign, Illinois. I believe he is
currently on leave,
 but plans to return to CERL. Reference: Doe, William  W., and Bahram
Saghafian, (1993),
"Spatial and Temporal Effects of Army Maneuvers on Watershed Response:
 The Integration of GRASS and a Two-dimensional Hydrologic Model",
Proceedings of
the Seventh Annual GRASS Users Conference, U.S. Dept. of the Interior,
National Park
 Service, Technical Report NPS/NRGISD/NRTR-93/13, p. 91-105.
(the model integrated is the CASC2D model).

  REMOTE SENSING / GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS CENTER
                                                           72 Lyme Rd.
                                                   Hanover, N.H. 03755
                        Karen E. Frederickson        Phone (603) 646-4387
           Email:karen at rsgisc.crrel.usace.army.mil       Fax   (603) 646-4750