European GRASS site!
ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de
Tue Jan 24 10:17:04 EST 1995
I've just finished updating my near-mirror of the moon.
The address is: ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-kiel.de/pub/packages/grass
The file structure closely resembles that on the moon with a couple of
- no binaries (none too come, either - sorry, we don't have the disk space)
- no world or imagery data (same reason as above), spearfish is there, though.
- no world writable incoming directory. I've copied a lot of things
from the original /grass/incoming, but not everything. If you miss
something, let me know.
- everything is gzipped instead of compressed. If you don't have gzip, you
should get it (/pub/systems/gnu on the Kiel server or at your local GNU shop).
- The main source directory is not chopped into megabyte chunks but organized
by subdirectories (the contents are the same as on the moon).
Details in /pub/packages/grass/grass4.1/release/source/README.
- The grassHopper archives have slightly different names (i.e. arc-92-02.gz
instead of Arc-2-92.Z - the files are the same) and there's a Subject
Listing for each list (grassp and grassu), produced by running 'grep Subject'
on the whole lot.
Please contact me if you have any problems using this site or if you
have any complaints/suggestions/whatever.
PS Is there such a thing as mirroring software? Doing this by hand/shell script
can get a bit tedious.
Martin Ameskamp, Inst. f. Informatik I (Computing Dept.)
Kiel University, Olshausenstr. 40, 24118 Kiel, Germany
Fax: ++49 431 8804054, Voice: ++49 431 8804474,
email: ma at informatik.uni-kiel.d400.de
More information about the grass-user