Image Extraction from CD's

W. Fredrick Limp fred at cast.uark.edu
Sun Jul 9 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Wang Song developed a script to extract SPOT imagery from CD. Wang has
left CAST but I think that Rob Dzur (rob at cast.uark.edu) may be able to
track down the scripts....
On Fri, 7 Jul 1995, DUNN JEREMY SIMON wrote:

> Good Afternoon
>
> I'm interested to know how folks are importing spot images into Grass if thes
> images are not on tape.
>
> I have been simply copying these image files into a cell directory in my
> MAPSET directory and then viewing them with the help of r.support as raster
> files.
>
> I run into difficulties however when trying to reference the images.
>
> While using d.what.rast I find that the areas I am interested in on the image

> do not correspond with those on my hard copy map. Even though the region
> I specify ( UTM zone 14) is correct.
>
> Any suggestions as to how I can correctly read these images in ? The tutorial

> gives information on Tape Extraction but nothing else.
>
> Thank you
>
> Jeremy

W. Fredrick Limp,   Director and Professor       FAX: (501) 575-5218
CAST, Center for Advanced Spatial Technologies   TEL: (501) 575-6159
12 Ozark Hall, U of Ark., Fayetteville AR 72701   fred at cast.uark.edu
Opinions expressed here are mine, at least I think they are.