HP650C

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Thu Jul 6 15:26:10 EDT 1995

On Wed, 5 Jul 1995, GREEN WILLIAM G wrote:

> After months of painstaking effort I have finally managed to use our new
> HP650C with grass.  The only problem is that I can't get grass to recognize
> the plotter's pen numbers (specifying color).  Apparently Grass only accepts
> 125 colors, but our plotter can print 255.  I tried using p.chart to print
> out a color table so I could at least use Grass's 125 colors, but p.chart
> doesn't work on a postscript plotter.  Any suggestions?
>
> Also, when I write a script file for the map and specify the raster map color
> by name (e.g., aqua, red, green, etc.), the plotter ignores me and prints the
> default colors from the colortable.  Oddly enough, it will print whatever
> color I choose for a vector file.  HELP!

Hi, Bill
*One* of us is confused. You are using ps.map, correct? If so, where do the
pen numbers fit into this? And, of more interest to me, what command are you
using to specify the raster map color? As far as I know, which doesn't mean
too much, the only way to alter the color of a raster map in ps.map is to
change its colortable (unless you print it as "greyrast"). Please respond,
so I can figure out if I'm losing my mind or not! :^)
	-Malcolm Williamson