Subsurface profile generation

Andreas Holz Andreas.Holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
Thu Jun 22 08:00:00 EDT 1995

??at?Jun?21??95?08?19?29?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> Hi! Netters,
>       I would like to know how can subsurface profile be generated
> using lithologic logs in GRASS. I revewed grass commands andwas not able
> to find  proper command or sequences of commands. If somebody have idea
> about it could  you please convey me.
> Thanks a lot
>
> T. R. Gautam
> IREM Program
> GPO Box 2754
> AIT, Bangkok
> Thailand

Hello,

        NOT in the moment.

        There is a program called SG3D, which will be enhanced
        to show several data-layers in 3D-views in the future. Furthermore
        there are effords to port SG3D(enhanced) to OpenGL, so You'll
        be able to run it on other WS than SGI's.

        AVS or PV-Wave are commercial products with the appropriate
        functionality for Your needs. The only disatvantage is, that they
        are quite expensive.

        Oh, there is another tool, called Stratlog by Schlumberger, esp.
        for stratigrafical mapping, but it is quite more expensive than
        AVS or PV-Wave.

Greetings

        Andreas Holz