d.to.sites

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Tue Jun 20 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Hi, Agus
I'll try the easy questions! ;^)

On Tue, 20 Jun 1995, ALOBO wrote:

> Sorry for the subscription message.
>
> I cannot find the program d.to.sites in my distribution. Apparently,
> I should have it under src.contrib/SCS/display, and in fact I do have
> the manual pages. Also, I've not been able to locate it in grass/incoming
> on the moon. Does anybody know where could I find it?

Do you possibly mean v.to.sites? I've never heard anyone reference a
program called d.to.sites.

> Also, in grass/incoming there is a file called SCS.tar.Z. I did download it
> because I thought that d.to.sites could have been there, but it is not.
> Instead there is a lot of stuff on projections. Does anybody have a good
> description on what the files in SCS.tar.Z do?
>
> And what's SCS?

Soil Conservation Service, now Natural Resource Conservation Service
(NRCS). NRCS releases its own version of GRASS to its offices, complete
with specialized programs and scripts, and compiled versions for their
supported platforms. I haven't looked at the file SCS.tar.Z.

Hope that this is of some help!
        -Malcolm