r.out.ascii

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Fri Jun 16 06:19:58 EDT 1995

>> I'm trying to export a raster file from GRASS->ERDAS.
>> Ive used r.out.ascii to create a ascii file of my GRASS raster image.
>> When I read it into ERDAS, roughly a third of the image that should
>> appear on the right hand side appears on the left.  A collegue of mine
>> has also experience this problem.
>> Has any one else experienced this problem and have you found a fix?
>>
>> regards,
>> Andrew W. Bingham
>>
>There is a contributed too called r.out.erdas. Have you tried getting and
>using that?

incidently you can read single files directly from the GRASS
database using ERDAS's import generic binary.  Make sure you
uncompress them first (using r.compress) and know how many
bytes per cell you have, this is specified by the cell header
file in directory $LOCATION/cellhd under format: (NB 0 means 1byte,
1 means 2bytes etc)

cheers  Tom  8-)

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk