Grass for Solaris?

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Tue Jun 13 08:00:00 EDT 1995

8?11?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> Has GRASS been ported to Sun Solaris?  I am sure that a while back I
> saw some information regarding this but I can't seem to find it now.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, binaries are available on the moon but many people have found problems
with them. I have compiled grass4.1.4 for Solaris2.3 (updated now to 2.4)
with the help of Darell McCauley (on this list) and have a compile.header
file available if you want it.

        Martijn

Leverhulme Research Fellow, The Wroxeter Hinterland Project                  |
University of Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit                              |
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT                                                |
Phone +44 121 414 5513  Fax +44 121 414 5516  E-mail P.M.van-Leusen at bham.ac.uk