problems with v.rast.to

Malcolm Williamson malcolm at cast.uark.edu
Thu Jun 22 14:21:01 EDT 1995

Hi, Giorgos
Check the size of your .dxf files. If they are big (say, more than 1 meg)
you should check your digitizing software (AutoCad ??) to make sure that
you are not generating coordinate pairs more frequently than your data
deserves. In other words, check the actual accuracy of your map, and then
set your software so that its placement of coordinate pairs is not closer
together than the map accuracy justifies. As an example, GRASS's v.digit
defaults to 0.03 inches when working at a 1:24000 scale; many users feel
that they can justify changing the digitizing threshold to 0.01 inch.
Hope that this helps!
	-Malcolm Williamson