Selecting polygons from raster map using a mouse...CAN IT BE DONE???

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 10:49:13 EST 1995

ar?2??95?02?27?59?pm at bnr.ca>
Originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

>       I am interested in outlining and selecting polygons on raster maps
> displayed on screen.  I want to be able to outline them with a mouse and
> then save them as a new raster layer.
>       if anyone has done this before or has experience mantling topography
> with "blanket" surfaces, please help me out.
>
>                                               Cheers,
>                                                       Max Kaufman, UCSC

No problem. Look at the r.digit tool.

        Martijn

Leverhulme Research Fellow, The Wroxeter Hinterland Project                  |
University of Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit                              |
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT                                                |
Phone +44 121 414 5513  Fax +44 121 414 5516  E-mail P.M.van-Leusen at bham.ac.uk