default files for new database

Kevin Kingdon kevin at unicaat.yorku.ca
Wed Mar 1 18:22:38 EST 1995

I am attempting to set up a new database for a particular site of interest.
I am currently trying to import files into the database. The files were
converted to vector format using the v.in.dxf command. When I try and display
these files on the output monitor, I am not able to see anything. In my
xterm window I get the message:

18:07/75 kevin at unicaat:.../site_lists% Vector file [baldwin.0]
 Selected information from dig header
 Map Name:      baldwin.dxf
 Source Date:
 Orig. Scale:   2400

 North: 4903220.557
 South: 4902116.412
 East:  632746.863
 West:  631941.562

Initializing [baldwin.0] ... Plotting ... Done

but yet nothing appears in the output monitor. I have tried different
settings of the WIND file and it is currently set to:

proj:       1
zone:       13
north:      4928000
south:      4914000
east:       609000
west:       590000
cols:       950
rows:       700
proj:       1

Is there more files that I need to change when I am setting up a new
database or am I missing something? Any help would be greatly appreciated
as this problem has become quite frustrating.

Thanks,
Kevin
--
Kevin Kingdon              Internet: <kevin at unicaat.yorku.ca>
Earth and Atmospheric Science / Faculty of Pure and Applied Science