USGS DLGs

tomb at cae1.denver.colorado.edu tomb at cae1.denver.colorado.edu
Fri Mar 31 07:00:00 EST 1995

Greetings:
I am trying to assemble a basemap with USGS DLGs and DEMs.  I have been able to
 convert the DEMs and 1:100,000 DLGs into a GRASS
format without any problems.  But the 1:2,000,000 DLGs seem to have wrong coord
inates (they are off about 2,000 miles).  I have
downloaded a couple of different 1:2mil dlgs and they are the same and I have d
ownloaded other 1:100,000 DLGs and they have
been fine.
If anybody can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Other info:
I used dd if=... of=... ibs=8000 cbs=80 conv=unblock and v.import on both sets
DLGs.
The region is part of Oklahoma.

Thomas Blackman

tomb at cae1.cudenver.edu or tblackma at carbon.cudenver.edu