removing lines not labelled

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Fri Mar 31 07:00:00 EST 1995

James Darrell McCauley (mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu) writes on 30 March 1995:
>Anyone have a v.program to non-interactively remove unlabelled lines
>(or at least make them "dead")?  Is there a way to do this that I've
>overlooked?  I thought about v.to.rast and then back again, but...
>
>>   Writing raster map ...                       10 mins 11 secs
                                              ^^^^^^
>> Pass #3 (of 92)
>           ^^^^^
>
>this looks like it could take quite a while.

[I think I'm at Pass #7 (of 92)]

Meanwhile, I've produced such a program, tentatively named
"v.die.unlabelled."  If anyone is interested, let me know what it should
be called and I'll package it up and put in on my ftp site.

Darrell
--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD        http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Dept of Agricultural Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University            new-> tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115