Compile probl. 2

Trond Rinde tr at grana.ivb.unit.no
Thu Mar 23 04:30:46 EST 1995

Hello!

I have a problem compiling GRASS for the "OpenWindows" environment (Sun). After
 hours of compilation the process terminated with this error message:

        cc -O  -I/usr/openwin/include -D_NO_PROTO -I/usr/local/grass/grass4.1/s
rc/m    apdev/Vlib -I/usr/local/grass/grass4.1/src/mapdev/diglib     -I/usr/loc
al/g    rass/grass4.1/src/include  -c abwcolr.c
        /usr/local/grass/grass4.1/src/include/std_incs.h: 39: Can't find includ
e fi    le Xm/Xm.h
        /usr/local/grass/grass4.1/src/include/std_incs.h: 40: Can't find includ
e fi    le Xm/ArrowB.h
        /usr/local/grass/grass4.1/src/include/std_incs.h: 41: Can't find includ
e fi    le Xm/ArrowBG.h
        /usr/local/grass/grass4.1/src/include/std_incs.h: 42: Can't find includ
e fi    le Xm/BulletinB.h

        *** Error code 2
        make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `OBJ.sun4/abwcolr.o'
        Current working directory /usr/local/grass/grass4.1/src/xgrass/libes/Xg
        *** Error code 1
        make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
        GISGEN failure at STEP: src/xgrass/libes

It can apparently not find some Motif-includes. Since I chose the "no-Motif" op
tion when I ran "/utils/setup", I thought that "Motif-includes" should not be n
ecessary. Can someone tell me if they still are, and where I should specify whe
re they can be found in the $ARCH - script.

Another question;
To get the X user interface for my GRASS installation,I understood from the Ins
tall-Guide that I had to copy the content of "CMD/lists/GRASS.X" into "CMD/list
s/local". Am I right?

Thank you in advance!

Trond Rinde

PS! Thanks for all the answers to my previous questions. They have been extreme
ly helpful.