more mayday (m'aidez) our monitors are sick

charnotw charnotw at helios.aston.ac.uk
Fri Mar 10 04:54:21 EST 1995

Thanks to all who replied to my message.  As far as I know we
are still using the fifo version of GRASS.  We are running
grass (not xgrass) on solaris2.3.  The ipcs -aq command returned

hawaii% ipcs -aq
IPC status from <running system> as of Fri Mar 10 09:49:01 1995
Message Queue facility not in system.
hawaii%

I followed David Houlders second suggestion of rebooting and that
seems to have done the trick, some nuts require sledge hammers
I guess (particularly with my level of unix expertise!)

I'm still curious as to why this "epidemic" started.

Thanks again

Tom 8-)

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk