projection ?

Eric Den BREEJEN breejen at rataxes.cma.fr
Thu Mar 9 09:25:01 EST 1995

Hello,
Some time ago I digitized some vector-data (roads, rivers) from a French I.G.N
(institut geographique national)-map using MAP-INFO. I saved my data as a
DXF-file. Afterwards I imported this file in GRASS and made a vector-map of
it. Everything seemed alright, but but when I used this map as an overlay over
my elevation-map the river appeared to be at the top of a mountain instead of
in the valley. My vectordata are not only moved but also transformed. I guess
my problem has something to do with projections. I digitized my vectors in
lat-lon degrees.decimal. (longitudes refer to the international meredian). The
mapset in wich I wanted to use the vectors is also in lat-lon but in
degrees:minutes:secondes.
The map I used for digitizing contains the following information:
Ellipsioide de Clarke 1880.
Projection conique conforme de Lambert.
My mapset PERMANENT contains the following PROJ_INFO:
name: Latitude-Longitude
proj: ll
ellps: international

Hope that someone can help me,