Rural Non-Point Source Pollution Models?

Nandish Mattikalli nandish at hydro5.gsfc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 7 09:19:45 EST 1995

Hi,

Are there any models (capable of predicting non-point source
been integrated with GRASS? I am looking for models that can handle
effects of land-use/ land-cover change, and agricultural
intensification etc. on surface and ground water quality.

I appreciate any help.

Nandish Mattikalli
E-mail: nandish at hydro5.gsfc.nasa.gov

----- End Included Message -----

There are a couple of them. If you are looking at surface water quality
AGNPS has already been integrated with GRASS. Also SWAT has been integrated
which can also predict surface and ground water quality for really large
watersheds. At present I am integrating GLEAMS with GRASS. This should give
a model which predicts detailed ground and surface water quality(both
pesticides and nutrients) output.

Hope this helps.
Sudhakar

Sudhakar Mamillapalli