mapset permissions?

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Sun Mar 5 02:54:27 EST 1995

Malcolm Williamson (malcolm at cast.uark.edu) writes on  3 March 1995:
>Hi, all
>I just discovered today that the current version of GRASS is automatically
>setting permissions on new mapsets to drwxrwxrwx, overriding our umask setting
.
>I know that older version of GRASS used to set locations to drwxrwxrwx amd
>mapsets to drwxr_xr_x; is this a bug or a change in philosophy? Either way,

I get the same results with both 4.1.4 and 4.1.5 under Solaris 2.3

>does anyone know where this is set in the source code, so that I can change it
?
>Many thanks for any assistance!

I checked my umask in GIS.sh, and it is correct there.
So, that takes us to $GISBASE/etc/gis_set and src/general/gis/gis_set.c

Bingo! "umask(0);" on line 70. I remove this line and my shell's
umask was obeyed.

Thanks for pointing this out--a service to us all!
I'll submit a bug report.

Darrell
--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD        http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Dept of Agricultural Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University            new-> tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115