convert display to PostScript??

John Mackenzie john at moose.ags.udel.edu
Sat Mar 4 18:17:44 EST 1995

Steve--

I'm not sure what you have against screen-dumping the display.
We've generated some really slick overheads with both of the
following:

If you're running Sun Open Windows, the snapshot utility lets
you capture displays as sun raster files.  You can manipulate
colors, etc. in these files with xview.  Then use Jeff
Poskanzer's public-domain portable bitmap tools to convert
these through a portable bitmap format to postscript, e.g.:

  rasttopnm sunrast.rs | pnmtops | lpr -q yourprinter

Use pnmrotate 90 if you want landscape rather than portrait.

If you're running an X-emulator such as Exceed or Reflection
on a micro under MS Windows, you can clip images right into whatever
else--Adobe Photoshop, Powerpoint, your documents....

Or use the CELL monitor, as Sue Huse suggests.  Just size it
appropriately.  Malcolm Williamson at CAST put out some detailed
postings on using CELL last year; they're in the grassu archives.

John Mackenzie
University of Delaware