No subject

Tim McVicar F16 ph 616 2465741 trm at hotspot.cbr.dwr.csiro.au
Tue Mar 7 13:13:35 EST 1995

G'day mate,

I've used GRASS 4.1 to create a DEM using s.surf.tps. I have then
uncompressed the raster file and each cell is 4 bytes. I want to import the
file into another GIS. Can you please tell me what is the uncompressed GRASS
raster file format is ??

That is file header - seems to be zero

        line header - again seems to be zero

        cell format - is it real*4, integer*4 etc etc ?? what is the order
        of the bytes - is there any word swapping etc etc ??

The raster sizes are 10000 by 13000 therefore the ACSII export pathway is
one to be avoided. Thus knowing the internal format would be a very good
thing for us.

Thanks for your help and hope to hear from you soon

Tim McVicar
CSIRO - Div of Water Resources
AUSTRALIA (no, not the land of big mountains but of kangaroos !!!)