ANSWERS on GRASS

sayeed at weirich320.geography.uiowa.edu sayeed at weirich320.geography.uiowa.edu
Tue Mar 7 13:35:41 EST 1995

I have been using the ANSWERS on GRASS for a drainage basin, for which I
have data with various levels of resolution.  When I tried to run the
model with a 8m X 8m grid cell size, the program stops execution after
printing rainfall, soil, cover, and channel data in the answers_ouput
file.  The output file ends with the following error message:

 NO. OF ELEMENTS EXCEEDS DIMENSION AT ELEMENT  55,  56

If I use the d.what.rast to locate 'ELEMENT 57, 4', then I get the element
number 1701.  From the f77 source code for ANSWERS (available in
$GIS/grass/ src.answers/src.answers/raster/r.answers/answers/answers.f), I
understand that the dimension used for many variables in the source
program is 1700.  I am wondering if there is an alternative version of the
ANSWERS with a much greater dimension (at least 10000), or any easy
(automated) way to change the dimension in the ANSWERS available with
GRASS.  Also if I change the dimension manually in the f77 code, would
that be portable to the ANSWERS (interface) on GRASS?  I have been
running GRASS in Xwindows on a UNIX RS6000 workstation.

I would also appreciate if anyone could give me the email addresses of
the original authors of the ANSWERS (D.B. Beasley, L.F. Huggins, and J.R.
Burney).

Thanks for any help or comments.

- sayeed
  weirich530.geography.uiowa.edu