GRASS-->ArcView2

Ronald Thomas ront at niwot.CNR.ColoState.EDU
Wed Mar 29 14:09:27 EST 1995

In article <199503271334.IAA19549 at ucunix.san.uc.edu> you write:

>Files converted from GRASS 4.1 using v.out.arc can not be read by
>ArcView2 unless a coverage is first built in ArcInfo7.0.

Adding to these comments;  ARCVIEW2 (DOS) views/uses ARC coverages in PC-ARC
format, so usually, UNIX ARC data must be exported from ARC (using EXPORT) and
the imported to the PC-ARC format on a PC using an IMPORT utility supplied
with AV2. (unless you're UNIX/DOS networked together using PC-NFS or somesuch)

The version of IMPORT supplied with ARCVIEW2 only will import single precision
coverages.

*       v.out.arc produces ARC 'ungenerate' format data,
*       ARCVIEW2 import requires ARC export format data

Perhaps someone is developing a module for GRASS that produces ARC export
files?       :)

Ron Thomas   (not holding my breath in) Estes Park, Colorado