ANSWERS ELEMENT rows and cols

sayeed at weirich530.geography.uiowa.edu sayeed at weirich530.geography.uiowa.edu
Mon May 15 08:00:00 EDT 1995

>#1/1
approved: Usenet at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

>I am doing a research in hydrologic modelling. I wonder whether there is
>a Grass that will help me identify and number rows and column within a
>catchment
>area. Is there any script program that will number the rows and colums
>within
>the catchment and later on identify a specific row and column where the
>program
>
>crash. Do you have any idea where I can get this script.
>
>Thanks for any clue.
>Cheers,
>Kamarul

In ANSWERS, the program "crashes" if the aspect of any cell containing the
channel does not correspond with the channel itself.  To identify the row
and column #s, and the aspect of any specific cell in an ANSWERS ELEMENT
map, you can use either or all of these programs:

d.what.rast  [GRASS Main Program]
d.rast.num   [GRASS Alpha-test Program]
d.rast.arrow [GRASS Alpha-test Program]

Additionally, you can use d.rast.edit [GRASS Alpha-test Program] to edit
the aspect of any specific cell.

**None** of the above, however, are script programs.

Hope these will help.  Good luck!!!

- sayeed

* M. Sayeeduzzaman,                            *
* Department of Geography,                     *
* 316 Jessup Hall,                             *
* University of Iowa,                          *
* Iowa City, IA 52242                          *
* email: sayeed at weirich530.geography.uiowa.edu *
*        sayeed at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu            *