Calcomp 9500

Coleman Catherine yc5763 at sunams.usma.army.mil
Mon May 8 08:00:00 EDT 1995

I have a Calcomp 9X00 series digitizing board. When I switched to the 4.1
update 3 of GRASS I had a similar problem.  There was nothing wrong with the
system or the board settings.  I simply had to place the digitizer puck in the
active area of the board when I pressed "yes" to continue.  Maybe your problem
is as simple as this.

Catherine

begin included message:
>Dear GRASSusers,
>we have a problem in using a Calcomp 9500 digitizer. We hope somebody can
>help us.  Here the situation:
>1) We have GRASS4.1 (update 3) running under Linux on a 486.
>2) The plotter is a Calcomp 9500, A0 format, 16 buttons.
>3) bin/etc/digcap is correctly set to use a Calcomp 9500 Binary format 23
>   (as in bin/etc/digitizers/cc95f23_16).

>   Next screen shows that "Selected digitizer is: Calcomp".
>   Everything worhs OK until the question: "Shall we continue? [y]".
>   Answering "y" the digitizer send a 'bip', the screen freezes and there
>   is no way to go on.
>-----

end included message
Catherine H. Coleman
Natural Resources Branch, DHPW      Ph:   914-938-5939
U.S. Military Academy               Fax:  914-938-5453
West Point, NY  10996               email: yc5763 at westpoint-emh2.army.mil