Lambert Azimuthal and 1st standard

dunnj at boulder.Colorado.EDU dunnj at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Mon May 1 19:32:38 EDT 1995

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to get a LAEA projected image into grass. I have the laea PROJ file
set up and can display the image but it is extremely scretched west to east.

I am interested to know if I am specigying the right 1st standard parallel
when asked for by the projection menu.

Basically I have an OTTER image, with

Center Lat = 44.4242

Center Lon = -122.3086

1st Standard Parallel = 45.8311 (upper latitude) is this correct ?

Also what is the standard ellipsoid that can be used with this projection

clark66 or clark80 , what are people using for the best results.

The stretch in the image should be about 2:1 (east west:north south)

Any suggestions

Thanks

Jeremy