No subject

grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil grass-lists-owner at max.cecer.army.mil
Fri May 26 01:35:54 EDT 1995

>From: ccontre at halcon.dpi.udec.cl (Carlos Contreras Bizama)
>Newsgroups: info.grass.user
>
>    Anybody good person could speak me what is xclip4.1 ?
>
>Thanks your in advance!
>Carlos Contreras B.
>e-mail:ccontrer at halcon.dpi.udec.cl
>Universidad de Concepcion, Concepcion.
>Chile.
>

>From: rewerts at diego.cecer.army.mil (Chris Rewerts)
>Date: 24 May 95 21:08:47 GMT
>Subject: xclip bugs (was: Practical question)
>Newsgroups: info.grass.user

[deleted text in regard to another question]

>In the development of xgrass, it was decided that instead of creating
>separate graphical user interfaces (GUIs) for each grass command, it
>was more practical to use a program that read a script that told it how
>to create an interface to run 'on top of' the command line programs.
>This program is called 'xclip4.1' (if you are using grass4.1).
>
>For each program for which that xclip is used, there is a script that
>tells it about the inputs/outputs/flags/parameters/dependencies/etc
>for the given program.

[deleted text in regard to another question]

>For more info about xgrass/xclip/xgen:
>ftp://moon.cecer.army.mil/grass/grass4.1/documents/XUserGuide.ps
>
>Chris Rewerts (rewerts at diego.cecer.army.mil) USACERL LL-N

In addition, Carlos, an xgrass user does not normally know that they
are using xclip - since it is called by the xgrass menuing system
'behind the screen' when one selects a command for which xclip acts as
the graphical interface between the user and the grass command-line
program for which it is programmed to call.

I have extracted an html page out of a document for general perusal.
This web link gives a brief example of an xclip application.

http://althea.cecer.army.mil/hyplans/rewerts/xclip/xclip.html

Chris Rewerts (rewerts at diego.cecer.army.mil) USACERL LL-N