fire model from Rutgers

James Darrell McCauley mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed May 31 19:33:15 EDT 1995

Brandy Riche (brandy at lewis-deh2.army.mil) writes on 31 May 1995:
>One of our foresters received some information about a fire model
>developed by Rutgerites that uses GRASS and BEHAVE.  Can anyone
>give us some more info on this - and a location for where to find
>the model?

The following reference was posted by Rica Saporta
(saporta at smokey.forestry.utoronto.ca) on 20 Dec 1994:

Xu, J. and R.G. Lathport Jr. 1993. Geographic information system (GIS) based
   wildfire spread simulation. Proceedings 12th Conference on Fire and Forest
   Meterology. Jekyll Island, GA.

I have no further information about this, but I would
be interested in adding information about BEHAVE to
the model integration homepage:
  http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~aggrass/models

Darrell
--
James Darrell McCauley, PhD             http://soils.ecn.purdue.edu/~mccauley/
Agricultural & Biological Engineering   mccauley at ecn.purdue.edu
Purdue University                       tel: 317.494.1198 fax: 317.496.1115