GRASS: INHERITED SYSTEM, NEED HELP

Duane Donnelly-Morrison Duane_Donnelly-Morrison at nps.gov
Thu Nov 30 07:00:00 EST 1995

     Dear Grass Users:

     I've inherited a GRASS setup that has me baffled, and leaves me unable
     to enter the GRASS program.

     I'm running a SunSPARC Solaris 1.X machine.  I have three GRASS
     related directories under the /home directory: /home/grass;
     /home/grass3.1; and /home/grass4.0.

     When I change directory to each of these directories and issue the
     following commands -- grass; grass3.1; grass4.0 -- I get the "command
     not found" reply.  When I issue the command -- grass4 -- in the
     /home/grass3.1 directory, I get the reply "permission denied", but
     find that there exists an ascii file named grass4 under the
     /home/grass3.1 directory that has nothing to do with system startup.

     Just a little lost here.  How do I get into this program?

     Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

     Yours.

     Duane Donnelly-Morrison
     Email: duane_donnelly-morrison at nps.gov