ps.map - changing background color

Tom Hawkins hawkins at water.ca.gov
Mon Oct 23 18:50:52 EDT 1995

I am trying to create a postscript file, using a region that is larger that
the raster map I want to plot.  The raster map is a satellite image (created
using i.composite.  I want to have a white background above (and around) the
image so I can have text above the image (not in the image).  The ps I do
create with this image always has a black background, so I have to create
white text so it will show.

Is there something I can easily do in ps.map to have the background white?
The only other way I can think of is to set the region to the size I want,
then run r.resample, and use the resampled image in ps.map?  Surely there
must be a better way.

Thomas E. Hawkins
California Department of Water Resources - Sacramento
hawkins at water.ca.gov   (916) 653-5573   Fax (916) 653-2698