grass tutorials (fwd)

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 20 08:00:00 EDT 1995

p?19??95?12?58?38?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

Hi,

To all those that have problems finding my Grass Beginners' Manual on the
grass ftp server:

        3 files, named grassman.wp.Z, grassman.ps.Z, and grassman.txt.Z,
        live in the /grass/incoming directory on moon.cecer.army.mil. Be
        sure to FTP in binary mode - you can then use the WordPerfect 5.1
        version directly on your PC, send the PostScript version to a
        printer or view it in Ghostscript, or be irritated by the loss
        of page layout in the ASCII version.
        I will produce a HTML version when I can find the time. The usual
        disclaimers apply, especially since the manual was written for
        use at the University of Amsterdam and will contain several
        sections that only apply to their local setup.
        If popular demand is great, I can also put up my digests of
        grassp-list and grassu-list, maintained since approx. 1992!

Does anyone have any money to pay me for all this work?

Martijn

Leverhulme Research Fellow, The Wroxeter Hinterland Project                  |
University of Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit                              |
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT  Phone +44 121 414 5513  Fax +44 121 414 5516  |
E-mail P.M.van-Leusen at bham.ac.uk                                             |
URL http://www.bham.ac.uk/BUFAU/Staff/vanleupm.html__________________________|