Register vector to Raster

Filippidis, Arthur aaf at itdpcgate.dsto.gov.au
Tue Sep 19 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Gooday GRASS USERS,

 I am using the command v.in.dxf to input vector data (IE. roads, bulidings)
which has been registered to an aerial photo (USING INTERGRAPH  workstation)
, into GRASS (running on a Sparc 20.  Unfortunately the vector & raster
files are not aligned when I display them in GRASS (ie. roads on vector map
do not align with roads on raster map). I welcome any advice to my problem.
Am I using the wrong command or is there a procedure which I should follow
to get the images to align in Grass on my SPARC 20 workstation.

Regards
Arthur
Defence Science & Technology Organisation
South Australia