Read-only GRASS ...

Andreas Holz Andreas.Holz at oi32.kwu.siemens.de
Wed Sep 13 08:00:00 EDT 1995

Peter?Halls??at?Sep?12??95?01?54?20?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at max.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

> Is there any way of configuring grass to run from a read-only device?
> I have a user with a non-networked workstation who wishes to run grass
> off the CD ... but, obviously, grass/go/locks will then not be writable
> ... can this be worked around?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Hello Peter,

        shure, there are possibilities to run GRASS form a ro-device. As
        example take my GRASS CD for Linux. A small runtime (approx 9-31Mb)
        has to installed on hard-disk, the rest remains on CD including
        the example databases.

Greetings