d.mon in Solaris

Kris Koperski koperski at cs.sfu.ca
Fri Sep 15 14:57:07 EDT 1995

When I exit from GRASS without stopping graphics monitor next time when
I try to start graphics monitor I get the following message:

   > 1

    Enter name of graphics monitor to start
    Enter "list" for a list of known monitors
    Enter "list -f" for a list with current status
    Hit RETURN to return to menu
    > x0
    Graphics driver [x0] is already running
    Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
    Check to see if the mouse is still active.
    ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
    Problem selecting x0. Will try once more
    Warning - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.
    Check to see if the mouse is still active.
    ERROR - no response from graphics monitor <x0>.

     hit RETURN ->

What should I do to avoid this problem (except to remember stopping monitor)?

Best regards,

Kris Koperski