US Midwest Pot Protests 9/16 & 10/7

Chris Rewerts rewerts at zorro.cecer.army.mil
Mon Sep 18 16:25:32 EDT 1995

motte at xs4all.nl (motte) wrote:
>Sorry, but can anyone inform me on the meaning of this message and the
>reason for sending it to the GRASS list (other than having a lot of grass in
>the Mid West)? Thanks!
>
>Philip

This mailing list (grassu-list) is also mirrored (at some sites) as the
newsgroup "info.grass.user". The post to which you refer was to garner the
attention of those in support of the reform of U.S. laws regarding marijuana.
marijuana is also known as "pot" (as in the subject line) and as
"grass" (hence the confusion with "geographical resources analysis support
system" acronym, "grass")

this is not the first time this has happened, and probably won't be the last.

chris (rewerts at diego.cecer.army.mil)

some may say they "tried it, but didn't inhale"; others may say "I typed the
command, but didn't press the Enter key"