Problems with v.rmedge

David Hoover a16dhoover at attmail.com
Mon Sep 18 15:31:09 EDT 1995

Greetings from Idaho !!!

One of our offices is having problems using the v.rmedge command
with GRASS 4.1.3 on the SUN.  He is trying to remove quad neatlines
from soils coverages and on a few quads of data winds up losing
more than just the outside line, often 4-5 interior lines as well.
Two questions:
     1.  Does anyone know what could be causing this problem
         and any way around it?
     2.  Does anyone know of a better way of removing quad lines
         for eventual patching together of files.  We have thought
         of using v.patch followed by v.reclass but are unsure of
         any time savings this might bring.
Thanks in advance -

David Hoover
USDA-NRCS