error from v.to.rast

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 16 08:00:00 EDT 1996

n??at?Mar?28??96?05?07?58?pm at bnr.ca>
content-type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: grassu-list at pandora.cecer.army.mil
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

Okke Batelaan writes:

> who has seen the following error message before, any solution?
> The raster file which is written finally is empty.
> We are running grass4.1.5 (with floating points).

Grass gives the outcome you describe if
a) the areas in your map are not labeled, or
b) your region settings are incorrect.

Hopefully one of these is actually the case, so you can solve your
problem. Good luck!

        Martijn

Leverhulme Research Fellow, The Wroxeter Hinterland Project                  |
University of Birmingham Field Archaeology Unit                              |
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT  Phone +44 121 414 5513  Fax +44 121 414 5516  |
E-mail P.M.van-Leusen at bham.ac.uk                                             |
URL http://www.bham.ac.uk/BUFAU/Staff/vanleupm.html__________________________|