NEW: d.tiger.line v1.0

Eric Buddington eric at sparrow.ees.wesleyan.edu
Fri Apr 12 08:00:00 EDT 1996

1/1
content-type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
organization: University of Illinois at Urbana
mime-version: 1.0
reply-to: ebuddington at wesleyan.edu
newsgroups: info.grass.user
originator: daemon at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu

I now have a working version of d.tiger.line, which reads
TIGER/LINE data (I used the specs from the 1994 CD) and plots
the line data to the display.

In the future, I intend to include the ability to plot
landmarks and polygons, and write all of these to GRASS
files.

The code is C++, and requires slight modification to the
src/CMD/gmake.sh file to compile nicely (since gmake only
looks for C and Fortran programs). Instructions
are included.

This is not public domain, but is distributable under the
GNU Public License (see the file COPYING in the package).

It is available at ftp://detritus.phys.wesleyan.edu/pub/grass.

Eric Buddington
ebuddington at wesleyan.edu