Compiling on Linux

Sornthep Vannarat sornthep at nwg.nectec.or.th
Thu Apr 11 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Dear Grass Users

        I got Grass 4.1 by ftp the binaries and sources. I didn't found
xgrass for Linux. So I tried to compile from sources, in spite of my little
knowledge of computer and the warning that compiling Grass can be extreamly
difficult. Obviously, I have run into a problem. A while after I run
GISGEN.linux (which was generated from 'setup') I got an error saying can
not execute binary. It was trying to do gmake in the directory ..src/mapdev
/libes and was trying to execute gmake transform. I think before I reached
this point the compilation must have done gmake ... for a few times. I
don't understand why it can't continue in this directory.
        Does anyone know anything about this ?

Best regards,

Sornthep