Digitizers and v.digit

Scott Lindsey akrfc at alaska.net
Wed Apr 10 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Help!!! I am trying to make a Calcomp Drawing Board III digitizer talk to an
HP 712 workstation. I have gotten to the point that I can "cat /dev/ttya"
and see tablet coordinates come to the port on the HP.  I have modified a
configuration file for a Calcomp 9500 digitizer (cc95f4_16) to try to
emulate the escape sequences of the Drawing Board III (which don't seem to
be substantially different from the 9500). I do wonder what the difference
is between an ASCII 5 format and an ASCII 0 format (or any of the other
formats in the configuration files). When I run v.digit, I get to the screen
to input x and y coordinates for control points, and when I hit escape to
continue, the error "Digitizer read error. Do we continue(y,n)?" pops up. I
can actually get points to show up as registered by hitting "y" continually
and clicking the mouse on the tablet, but I  just get bounced back to the
control point input screen when everything shows up as registered and the
error just keeps appearing. My question is this, Is this a comms problem or
a problem with v.digit? Also, how do I fix it? Calcomp hasn't done anything
with GRASS, and hasn't been a great amount of help and we would really like
to use our digitizer. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. Also is there
any documentation on this stuff, could somebody point me towards said
documents. Thanks

Sincerely,
Scott Lindsey