ANNOUNCE: Linux GRASS 4.15 Patch 1

kang at risca.rs.msu.edu kang at risca.rs.msu.edu
Wed Apr 10 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Hi,

This is the first patch to my Linux (Slackware 3.0 ELF) GRASS 4.15 binaries.
It includes the ps.map and XDRIVER24 programs.

I apologize to those who have reported the "segemation error" of the ps.map
command since I am confused by others who reported that it is OK.

I have re-complied the ps.map with the -fwritable-strings flag and tested it.
I were able to generate a 2MB postscript file with one raster and one vector.

Someone also asked me to compile the XDRIVER24 and it got compiled OK.
However, I don't have the Xinside Accelerated X Server to test it out.

I have placed the grass4.15.p1.linux.tar.gz in the grass/incoming directory on
moon.cecer.army.mil.  Please use binary mode to download the file and move to
your grass4.15 installation directory (the directory which has the GRASS etc,
driver, ... directories).  Then, run the followings:

gunzip grass4.15.p1.linux.tar.gz
tar -xvf grass4.15.p1.linux.tar

It will place the programs in the right directory.

Kang,

----- p1.readme file ----
grass4.15.p1.linux.tar.gz is the first patch for the Linux GRASS 4.15.

It includes the followings:
p1.readme
                this doc
etc/bin/alpha/cmd/ps.map and etc/bin/alpha/inter/ps.map
                fixes of the ps.map
driver/XDRIVER24
                the 24bit XDRIVER

Installation:
move the grass4.15.p1.linux.tar.gz file to your grass4.15 installation
directory, i.e., the directory which has the GRASS etc, driver,... directory.
Then, run the followings:

gunzip grass4.15.p1.linux.tar.gz
tar -xvf grass4.15.p1.linux.tar

These will put the updated programs in the right place.

NOTE:
1. I have tested the ps.map and it works on my machine.
2. I do NOT have the Xinside Accelerated X server to test the XDRIVER24.