Advice wanted: rectifying of aerial photographs

Angus Carr apcarr at FLASH.LakeheadU.CA
Wed Apr 10 08:00:00 EDT 1996

Given your difficulties with the likely innaccuracy of your maps, have
you thought of ignoring the paper maps, getting a good GPS unit and
rectifying using those points? You could work with that.
The accuracy is better than your hand-drawn maps, although it is not
perfect. It is likely the best you can do, if you use differential
correction, you should get acceptable accuracy for 1:20,000 mapping.

Good Luck, anyway. I have been doing this recently, so if you have any
questions, I will be happy to help. The imagery tutorial at Moon is quite
good too. It takes you through the steps.

By the way, if the groound isn't flat, then you likely want i.rectify2.

Angus Carr.