Exporting Raster Formats From Grass

Chi-Yuan Lin cylin at f408a.fd.ntou.edu.tw
Thu Apr 4 07:00:00 EST 1996

On Wed, 3 Apr 1996, srpage wrote:

> I am running Xgrass4.1 on Linux, and have created some 3D images based on
> DEM and other raster data in the graphics monitor.   Is there any way to
> "export" these images from the monitor into a format (tif, gif, jpg, bmp,
> ect.) I can use with a Windows based graphics program such as Corel or
> Photoshop?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy Page
>
> hansman at erols.com

Hi,

    There are two ways to obtain your image files:

    1. low-resolution:
       Just use screen-grab tool (like XV ore Xgrab, could be found on
internet) to capture a X's window such as a GRASS's monitor.

    2. high-resolution:
       Under GRASS's shell, use 'p.select' to select a PPM printer (a
pseudo printer), and followed by a 'p.map' to print to a ppm image file.

    Best Regards.

|Chi-Yuan Lin  (Research Assistant) ||E-mail: cylin at f408a.fd.ntou.edu.tw   |
|Dep. of Fishery Information,       ||Telephone: +886 (02) 4622101         |
|Taiwan Fisheries Research Institute||      Fax: +886 (02) 4629388         |
|199, Hou-Ih Road, Keelung, 20220   || TFRI-BBS: +886 (02) 4633111~2 (9600)|
|Taiwan.                            || WWW/http: //f408a.fd.ntou.edu.tw/   |