raster overlay

Pat Luther pluther at usit.net
Wed Dec 4 14:26:49 EST 1996

Alberto:

The colors will change when adding layers together using r.mapclac.  This
is because the values of each layer are added together (where they overlay)
and this results in new & different values.  You are overlaying correctly.

Pat Luther

At 10:27 AM 12/3/96 +0000, you wrote:
>Hello
>  I'd like to know how can I create a raster file by an overlay
>between some other. I tried using r.mapcalc with "+" but the result had
>changed colors.
>Thanks for help
>Alberto Giorgi

Pat Scarbrough Luther		"Your dream is the gift of
AEgis Services Corporation	your own soul.  But if it's
P.O. Box 160			promise is to be fulfilled,
Clinton, TN 37717		you must turn your eyes from
Phone	423.457.8242		the world of men, and dare
FAX	423.457.8620		to fly among the stars....
Internet pluther at usit.net	After all, we are born with
				wings".  	Robert Sexton