ArcView Shape2GRASS, dig2shape??

Scott Grover ScottG at horne.com
Tue Dec 10 05:01:21 EST 1996

At 05:09 PM 12/9/96 -0800, you wrote:

>Does anyone know of any work moving ArcView shape files to and from GRASS?
>Would a program doing this be useful to anyone other than myself?
>
>What about moving Arc Info coverages to and from GRASS directly without
>going thru an intermediate format?
>
>                                            David Mandel

David:

I would be very interested in such a conversion program.

Currently to move from GRASS to Arc (vectors), I export with v.out.arc and
use the Data Automation Kit (DAK) to GENERATE an ArcInfo coverage.  ArcView
will then read the ArcInfo files.  Finally, a table join is required for the
attribute info.  I have never moved data from Arc to GRASS, but it should be
the reverse with UNGEN and v.in.arc.

My copy of the Spatial Analyst (Arc rasters) just arrived, so I need to
experiment with raster GRASS to Arc conversions...
Any suggestions?

-Scott Grover
scottg at horne.com