Converting USGS DEM & DLG data

Jim Anderson blag at accessone.com
Sat Dec 21 04:06:01 EST 1996

	Hi!

	I'm running grass 4.1.5 under Linux, and I would like to
convert USGS 3 arc second DEMs, and small-scale DLGs to grass. I
found a process for converting a DEM in the FAQ, but when I try to
display the result, it looks like a single big red blot. It appears
that either I didn't convert correctly, or I set up the location I
converted into to be a single 1 by 1 resolution area. I'm quite new
to grass, so it could be either one, for all I know.
	If anyone has any advise to pass on, I'd greatly appreciate it.

	TIA,
		Jim Anderson