Grass5.0 info?

charnotw charnotw at helios.aston.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 07:00:00 EST 1996

> Hi,
>
> I have been looking for info about Grass5.0. I found a short note
> in the last archive of this list (Arc-10-95) in grasshopper by Paul Loechl
> <loechl at diego.cecer.army.mil>, dated 27 Oct 1995 :
>
> >USA CERL plans to release Grass5.0 in the spring of 1996. The list
> >of enhancements is not final yet but we will be posting something soon.
>
> The last archive covers only October and I was not following grass lists
> during that time. If there was something new about Grass5.0 on November
> or December, I would appreciate if someone could post these to me, or
> point a location to the latest grassu archives.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Juho
>
> Juho Pitkanen                   jap at gis.joensuu.fi
> Faculty of Forestry             tel. +358 73 1513525
> Univ. of Joensuu, Finland       fax  +358 73 1514444

The news I have heard is that there is not going to
be another formal release of grass, at least not by CERL.
I heard this from James Westervelt at the recent
NCGIA conference in Santa Fe.

There is enough material on the moon for several
releases but this would involve considerable effort
(testing, documenting etc etc) last I heard CERL
were looking around for someone to take this on,
perhaps someone else has more news

cheers  Tom

Tom Charnock                       O--O
Dept Civil Engineering            (~~~~)
Aston University                 (  __  )
Birmingham B4 7ET UK             /|\  /|\
charnotw at sun.aston.ac.uk