Monitor Locking Process

Scott Grover ScottG at horne.com
Wed Feb 14 07:00:00 EST 1996

I am running GRASS4.1 on a linux machine.  To correct a suspected corruption
error, I re-installed GRASS from the same binary files originally used.  I
now recieve the message "could not complete locking process for monitor
<x0>; lock file is /grass/locks/ansel/mon.106888" after attempting to run
d.mon to start a monitor.

The /grass/locks subdirectory exists, but only contains iwr_62/; no "ansel/"
(ansel is the name of the linux box).

Can anyone offer suggestions on how to rebuild this missing file, or remove
the blockage that prevents d.mon from creating it?

Thanks,
Scott Grover
scottg at horne.com