My note for compiling GRASS 4.15 on Linux

kang at risca.rs.msu.edu kang at risca.rs.msu.edu
Wed Feb 14 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hi,

I got several requests for changes I made in order to compile GRASS 4.15 on
Linux.  If you really want to compile GRASS by yourself, please read the
installation documentation available on moon first.

Kang,

Here is my note for compiling GRASS 4.15 on Linux:

Linux - Fixes
- mapdev/v.digit and mapdev/v.digit2
        modified set_key.c file - line 30
        problem - LINUX is POSIX, so use termios instead of termio
        change from
                struct  termio  new_termio ;
                struct  termio  old_termio ;
                struct  termios new_termio ;
                struct  termios old_termio ;

- mapdev/Vlib - for v.build
        modify level_two.c file - line 176
        problem - v.support dones't run correctly when building topology
        comment out
                fclose(map->dig_fp);
                map->dig_fp=NULL;

- src/raster/r.combine
        modified src/raster/r.combine/cmd/gis_lxcl.l - line 176
        problem - yyinput() is for C++, use input() for linux flex
        change
                while ((achar=yyinput()) != 012)
                while ((achar=input()) != 012)

- src.alpha/ps.map (10/15/95)
        modified src.alpha/ps.map/ps.map/cmd/read_cfg.c
        problem - atof() in ANSI C need to inlucde stdlib.h
        add the following line in the beginning of read_cfg.c file
                #include <stdlib.h>

- src.alpha/mapdev/v.proj
        modified main.c - line 27
        problem - ctype[3] cause lots of garbage output in dig_att
        change
                ctype[3]
                ctype[1]

- src.contrib/CAST/d.vect.cats (10/14/95) - program name is d.vect.cat
        modified the plotCat.c file - line 91
        problem - pointer mistake
        change from
                Vect_get_area_points(P_map,a_index,Points);
                Vect_get_area_points(&P_map,a_index,Points);

- src.contrib/PURDUE/d.linegraph
        modified the linegraph.c - line 77
        problem - fclose and fopen already declared in stdio.h
        comment out
                FILE *fclose(), *fopen();