Triangulation

Evaristo QUIROGA evaristo at cataw.uab.es
Wed Feb 7 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hello GrassUsers:

        I want to interpolate a scarse data points, but well choised, to set
a raster map. These points are localited in change zones.
        For this I want first to make a interpolation of triangulation type,
to create a thing similar to a TIN and from this to interpolate to a coarse
grid. Subsequently to reinterpolate this grid to a more fine grid with
"s.surf.tps" for smooth.

PROBLEM:     Running "s.geom operation=delaunay" I obtain a vector map with
triangular polygons whose category (dig_cats) is the Z value of the 3 vertex
of this triangle. When I convert this vectorial map to raster with
"v.to.rast", it creates a raster map which reflects the previous polygons;
beeing the category cell too the Z values of the original vertex.
        I want to know how can I use the vectorial map created by "s.geom"
to obtain a raster map, where every cell have as category their corresponding
Z value in the tridimensional triangular surface built by the original
vertexs.

        Thanks in advance.

                                        Evaristo

       __                                                      __
      / /          Evaristo QUIROGA RAIMUNDEZ                 / /
/    /          UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE BARCELONA       /    /
\__/\\    Gabinete de Analisis Territorial y Ambiental  \__/\\
     \\__ Unidad de Geodinamica Externa y Hidrogeologia      \\__
     /  /\                 Edificio CS                       /  /\
     \ / /\       08193 - Bellaterra (BARCELONA)             \ / /\
      \ /  \               SPAIN - EU                         \ /  \
       \___/        email: evaristo at cataw.uab.es               \___/