v.digit error msg

Grass package grass at sun1.bham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 07:00:00 EST 1996

Hi,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's spent hours trying to get rid of those
last few digitising errors in a complex vector map. Eventually, you find
out what was wrong and fix or bypass it. However, this time I'm stymied
by an area in my vector map that keeps giving rise to error messages of
the following type:

        SYSTEM_ERROR: NEW_T_OLD Got a bad type code fffffffe

And no amount of deleting, redigitising, v.supporting, v.cleaning, v.trimming
will get rid of it. Is my only recourse to clip this whole area out of the
map, save it into a small patch map and try to fix that?

Mr Annoyed of Birmingham,

Martijn van Leusen